I'll Take One of Everything Pumpkin Please
Posted on 01 October 2017
October is here, fall is in the air and the EVERYTHING PUMPKIN CRAZE is back. It's not only delicious but healthy too with one cup of cooked pumpkin containing more than 200% of your daily recommended intake of Vitamin A supporting healthy vision and bone health. It also contains Vitamin C and E both being antioxidants with many health benefits including fighting off disease-causing free radicals and supports immunity. What's not to love about pumpkin?
There are thousands of pumpkin recipes out there for the season but this one is one of our favorites. Our pumpkin quinoa muffins are vegan and packed with plant based protein.
1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal
3 tablespoons of water
1/2 cup mashed banana
3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup
1 1/4 cup of oat flour (we prefer steel cut oats and ground in a blender)
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup coconut flour (you can also use almond flour if you prefer)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
How to make:
1) Preheat over to 350 F and prepare muffin pan (if not using liners coat the pan in coconut oil)
2) Combine flaxseed meal and water in a separate bowl and set aside
3) Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
4) In a separate bowl combine banana, almond milk, syrup, pumpkin
5) Whisk the flaxseed mixture into dry ingredients and mix well
6) Combine together wet and dry ingredients
7) Fill each muffin cup 3/4 the way full and place in oven
8) Bake for 20-22 minutes
These delicious muffins are great for breakfast or as a healthy snack alternative when your on the go.
Let us know what you think in the comments section below.